Ahmad Latif. MD, Dip Occ, MACOEM, MSc PH
Dr. Ahmad Latif is a physician, web editor and author with a special interest in workplace health promotion,
work for QatarEnergy occupational health division; Head of workplace health promotion program in Qatar Petroleum since 2008, web editor of fittowork.net; a workers' wellness website and fittotravel.net; a healthy travel website. Received his MB BS degree from the Damascus University and holds a Degree in Internal Medicine from Ministry of Health, Damascus Hospital, Syria, diploma in occupational medicine from the Royal College of Physicians of London, and master’s degree in public health from the University of London. Chaired the scientific committee of the 2nd Qatar petroleum OH conference in 2013.
Served in several hospitals and healthcare centers in Syria, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. In addition to his work in clinical practice and writing, for the last 18 years, Dr Latif has regularly delivered talks, workshops and health promotion programs geared towards promoting school and workplace health.
Publications and Papers presented
- Latif A, El-khatib K (2017) Health Risks of Business Travel: Innovation towards Travel Health Risk Management. Int J Pub Health Safe 2: 125.
- Latif A, Influence of employee gender and age on the outcome of pre-employment medical assessment in the oil and gas industry. ISSN 2454-5112, SAS SAS J.Med., Volume-3; Issue-6, 2017; 3(6): 125-134.
- Indoor Air Pollution & Sources of Pollutants, 1st Occupational, Environment and Human Health Conference, Hamad Medical Corporation, 6- 7 December 201,5 Doha, Qatar.
- Fitness to return to work, a practical approach; Masterclass, Employee Health and Wellbeing Conference - October 2015, Doha, Qatar.
- Benefits of pre-employment medical for potential employees from developing countries in oil and gas industry, 3rd International Conference on Occupational Health & Safety. June 24-25, 2014 Valencia, Spain.
- Ahmad Latif et al., Occup Med Health Aff 2014, 2:3 http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2329-6879.S1.018.
- Business Travelers Health; Introducing a new approach, 2nd Qatar Petroleum Occupational Health Conference ,19-21 November 2013 ,Doha, Qatar.
- Stress at Work: What Are Companies Doing About It, QGP Industry Health Advisors Forum (IHAF) Doha, Qatar, Nov 2012.
- The role of pedometer as a tool for enhancing weight loss among oil and gas male workers, 18th WONCA Europe Conference, July, 2012, Austria, Vienna.
- A Retrospective Study on the Effect of Shift Work on Weight Loss in Male Workers, INRS Occupational Health Research Conference, April 2012, Nancy, France.
- Lipid Disorder Management in QP Frontline Clinic, First QP occupational health conference, Doha, Qatar, March, 2012.
- Addressing Obesity at the Workplace, QP Experience, QGP Industry Health Advisors Forum (IHAF) 2011. Doha, ,Qatar, December 2011.
- Workplace Wellness, Ideas for Planning, Ras Laffan Occupational Health Forum, Ras Laffan Industrial City. Qatar, November, 2011.
- School Injuries, Saudi Ministry of Education publications, ISBN: 978-9960-48-595-9, King Fahd National Library, KSA.2008.
- Do More for Better Health, Saudi Ministry of Education publications. ISBN: 978-9960-48-527-0 , King Fahd National Library KSA.2007.
- Causes of End Stage Kidney Disease in Deir Elzor City, A Cross Sectional Study, Ministry of health, Syria, 1998.